Fiat Uno Manual
Ignition system Ignition system
On all models except the 903 ES engine version, a mechanical contact breaker type distributor is fitted.
On 45 Super ES models which have the 903 ES engine, an electronic (Digiplex) ignition system is used which incorporates a breakerless distributor.
- General description
- Mechanical contact breaker - points servicing
- Dwell angle - checking
- Ignition timing
- Condenser (capacitor) - removal, testing and refitting
- Distributor - removal and refitting
- Distributor (mechanical breaker type) - overhaul
- Ignition coil (mechanical breaker ignition)
- Digiplex (electronic) ignition - location of components and precautions
- Digiplex (electronic) ignition - checks and adjustments
- Spark plugs
- Ignition switch - removal and refitting