Fiat Uno Manual
Braking system Braking system
The braking system is of four wheel hydraulic type with discs on the front wheels and drums on the rear.
The hydraulic system is of dual-circuit type and incorporates a pressure regulator valve to limit pressure to the rear brakes during heavy braking to prevent rear wheel lock up.
A vacuum servo unit is fitted to some models.
The handbrake is mechanically operated on the rear wheels.
- General description
- Disc pads - inspection and renewal
- Rear brake shoes - inspection and renewal
- Caliper - removal, overhaul and refitting
- Brake disc - inspection, renovation or renewal
- Rear wheel cylinder - removal, overhaul and refitting
- Brake drum - inspection, renovation or renewal
- Master cylinder - removal, overhaul and refitting
- Pressure regulating valve
- Hydraulic hoses and pipes - inspection and renewal
- Hydraulic system - bleeding
- Vacuum servo unit - description
- Vacuum servo unit - servicing and testing
- Vacuum servo unit - removal and refitting
- Handbrake - adjustment
- Handbrake cable - renewal
- Brake pedal - removal and refitting
- Stop lamp switch